Started Sep 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lobalobo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,751
Like?
Best Scanner Printer Combo
Sep 7, 2011

Looking for recommendations for a consumer oriented printer/scanner. It should produce high quality prints on premium glossy photo paper (as good as the HP Photosmart series, which I've used most recently) and have a devoted photo tray, preferably one that will take up to 5x7 paper. Ideally it would be able to print on CD/DVDs. And the scanner should be serviceable at digitizing old prints for which I lack the negatives. (I do film scanning elsewhere, on an Epson 1680, a once state-of-the-art Epson flatbed and still capable of good results.) A sheet feeder would be a plus, unless it added too much size, but is not necessary, and I don't care a bit about fax capability or printing directly from a smart phone. Duplex printing doesn't matter much to me, nor does a devoted copy function (as opposed to a scan followed by a print), though that would be nice.

My current thoughts are to go with an Epson Artisan 835 (which has every feature I've mentioned) or perhaps the newly announced Epson NX430 (which seems to lack all but the essential features, and negatively for my purposes, seems to lack a CD/DVD print capability). My prior printer/scanner, recently deceased, was an HP7280 and I loved how easy it was to replace the cartridges, which never clogged the (attached) print heads. On size and features, I think I'd prefer an Epson model over the HP counterpart, but I'm reluctant to re-enter the nozzle clogging frustration that I remember from the Epson photo printer I owned a while back.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow