Started Sep 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoJohnK
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
60D as a Video Camera Questions
Sep 7, 2011

Hello, I'm a first time poster here on dpreview. This past weekend I used my 60D to take some pictures and video at a college football game as two of my childern are in the University's marching band. I ran into a couple of problems that I thought someone here might be able to help me out. I used the Canon 15-85 lens with my 60D.

1) I did read the manual and if I understand it correctly I turned off both the auto focus and the IS features on the lens. Before I turned the camera to movie mode I manually focused the scene in the view finder. While shooting my video I found it difficult to try and refocus while shooting the video. The sun was bright and my 56 year old eyes didn't help. Do you have any tips on how to focus while shooting video?

2) I took a couple of still photo's while shooting the video. While replaying the video the video did hesitate when it came to the frames that were also shot as stills. Is there a way to eliminate this from happening?

3) It was very hot this past Saturday, 95 degrees. I tried shooting some video of the half time show but my camera took itself out of video mode after a few seconds the 3 or 4 times I tried to shoot video. As bright as the sun was I couldn't tell if there was any warning icons due to the sensor over heating. It was very hot and sunny, is there any way to keep the camera from absorbing the heat of the day?

4) I purchased an HDMI cable for my 60D so I can display my pics and movies on my HD TV. The quality on my TV looks good. However, the movie quality while displayed on my computer is choppy. I never would have thought my 60D would stream the video faster than my computer.

5) I would have posted the video but unfortunatley I have not figured that out yet.

Thanks for your help.

PhotoJohnK

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow