Started Sep 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
sean000
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,867Gear list
Like?
Re: I shoot with both
In reply to Mark Thornton, Sep 6, 2011

Mark Thornton wrote:

sean000 wrote:

If Panasonic or Olympus comes out with some fast zooms I might consider selling my DSLR gear. I'd hate to, but as a father of a toddler I find the DSLR to be a little too much to carry these days.

I wonder how small it is possible to make a good quality f/2.8 - f/3.5 zoom in say 14-54 or 12-60 ranges. The existing 4/3 HG lenses are rather oversize for m4/3.

I wonder as well. I think that they could be a bit smaller than the existing 4/3 fast zooms, but by how much? Fast primes are definitely a better fit for portability, and I love how light and compact my m4/3 kit is when I carry the 20mm pancake, 14-45mm, and a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 for portraits. But for event photography, wildlife, or sports I would still rather have my Nikon f/2.8 zooms.

I sympathize on all the other stuff you have to carry as a father (mine are a bit older).

Mark

It definitely does change your gear strategy! This is especially true if we go for a hike and I carry my daughter in a backpack carrier. I used to carry a DSLR kit with a tripod on my back for hikes, but now that I carry her instead I am only willing to carry so much camera gear.

Sean

sean000's gear list:sean000's gear list
Olympus Stylus XZ-10 Nikon D70 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow