Started Sep 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pixelpro
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Can't bracket on tripod properly E-PL1
Sep 5, 2011

Hi everyone. One thing that has really bothered me about my E-PL1 is that it does not talk to a remote control. This means that when shooting from a tripod, you must use a timer. That's OK for a single shot, but when bracketing, you must get your hands on the camera an additional 2 times to depress the shutter.

For some reason, with Olympus cameras, the bracket set of (3 in this case) shots, does not execute all at once as a burst, you must go back and depress the shutter two more times. This means that you would potentially move the camera by touching it each time.

Other camera brands shoot the whole string as a burst. Canon does this, not only on the SLR I have, but also on my super zoom P/S camera. It just makes sense.

I was thinking of upgrading to the E-PL3 because it has such an improved bracket range (as does the E-PL2). When I discovered that they had not fixed this "problem", I'm not sure now. I think it's a deal-breaker for me.

How is everyone else doing this? Any tripod bracketers out there? Thanks for your input.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow