Any X100 owner thinking of buying an X10?

Started Sep 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
louis_
Regular MemberPosts: 283
Like?
Any X100 owner thinking of buying an X10?
Sep 5, 2011

...either as replacement or complement of the X100?

I am considering both... here is my story.

I have a X100 which is very good and I take it to everywhere. But like others, I sometimes miss tele and wide end that my previous LX-3 provided. The tele is useful in producing tight landscape or portraits, while the wide is useful in landscape and social events. The other thing I miss is the speed of the LX-3. My X100 takes 7 seconds to start up, and auto-focus speed and accuracy can be better.

The X10 is interesting because like a LX-3, it has a wide ranging applications, but have a VF and manual controls. The tele and large aperture can probably produce ok bokeh.

If the X10 is a tactile as the X100 in terms of OVF and control, and with reasonably good IQ (I expect to be not-as-good as the X100 but better than LX-3/5, EP1, s95...), then I may REPLACE the X100 with it.

If the X10 feels and shoots very differently to the X100, then I may COMPLEMENT it with the X10. The other thing I am also looking out for is the s95 (or its successor). Although the control / IQ is in a different class than the X100, but its compactness really makes it an ideal as a complement of the X100.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow