Started Sep 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brazo
Regular MemberPosts: 275Gear list
Like?
Camera choice help required!
Sep 5, 2011

Any input is appreciated on this one guys.

I was looking to buy a Pentax K5 towards the end of this year. I don't need an SLR but liked this for the IBIS, weather proofing, IQ and choice of great affordable primes.

I already own and love an NEX 3. If it wasn't for the lack of an EVF (which I highly value shooting in sunlight a lot!) I doubt I would be looking to upgrade! Actually whatever I choose I will keep my NEX 3 as a spare digital back.

The NEX 7 has made me reconsider the K5 purchase. My main concern however is that I would really need to buy the Zeiss if I wanted to get the 'most' from it and that doubles the price. Indeed I may as well buy a Fuji x100 for a similar IQ/focal length set up at half the price!

Advantages of the NEX 7 is that I could use my existing manual primes, although these are cheap and cheerful (Olympus OM 50mm 1.8 and Tokina 28mm 2.8) and perhaps shouldn't swing a purchase choice? I could 'wait' for more e mount lenses to become available and I know they will!

In essence I am looking for a high IQ camera for landscape work that I can couple with a decent lens(es) I already own the 18-55, 16mm, UWA Fisheye and the above two legacy primes.

thanks for your considered input.

PS I wouldn't consider the 5N and EVF as I could get a '7' for the same price!

Brazo's gear list:Brazo's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow