LR 3 101 - saving changed images - apologies if stupid question!

Started Sep 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hayles91
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
LR 3 101 - saving changed images - apologies if stupid question!
Sep 5, 2011

Hi All

Just invested in CS5 and LR3 and am already blown away by them and I've not even done much yet as need to get to grips with both!

I've used PSE7 so hoping PS-CS5 isn't going to be too tough (apart from the navigation / menus etc to learn) but have never played with LR3 before.

I've got all of the tutorials etc, and have successfully managed to import files/folders etc, save metadata, set preset imports and the like.

However, one thing that is vexing me..... I get that you can edit in PS from a copy etc, and that the image held in LR is 'non destructive' (ie. the original image remains in tact) but if so, where is the 'edited' image saved / where do you save it in a logical place?? Do you 'export' the final image (ie. if cropped, changed to B&W etc) and save it in a location of your choice, or is a file automatically created etc?

I'm really sorry if this is a really stupid question, but want to make sure I'm working right with it from the word go as have taken time and care to get things like Metadata import rules and filing protocol in place from the start so just want to be sure. I can't see any 'help' on this specific part so thought I'd see if anyone here could help!

thanks in advance

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow