Leica M 35mm ASPH: f2.0 or f1.4 ?

Started Sep 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
goodlensgoodlens
Regular MemberPosts: 115
Like?
Re: Leica M 35mm ASPH: f2.0 or f1.4 ?
In reply to miro3, Sep 5, 2011

I have 3 out of the 4 35mm: the bokeh king, the f2 ASPH and the f1.4 first version. I thought after spending sometime shooting with these 3, I will be able to decide which one to keep.

But I have kept all of them all these while, and obviously enjoy the subtle quality which one brings. I have not been able to decide which one to let go.

The f2 is really small and light, though I don't exactly find the f1.4 big.

At f2, all of them render light differently, and beautifully. The f1.4 allows me to shoot freely in terms of the DOF that I want and also in terms of the speed that I would like to have(especially when capturing shots of my children). It's easier to decide when you know what do you like to shoot mostly.

I believe every leica glass can be truly enjoyed, they are our extended eyes to help us see the world beautifully.

I also have the 40mm f2, yes it's small, light and the most affordable leica gem.

Only caveat, when you get leica lenses, make sure you check if it focus correctly with your camera body especially the f1.4. I was lucky to find one that has no problem with my camera body so at the moment I am not thinking of the FLE version.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow