What would you do?

Started Sep 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
DougOB
Regular MemberPosts: 183Gear list
Like?
Re: What would you do?
In reply to antifreez, Sep 4, 2011

I have both the FA77 and DA70 and while the FA77 has an amazing sweet spot I find the DA70 more consistent all around. Plus smaller, lighter and cheaper. I know many who have agonized over this choice

I noted that your widest lens is the FA31. If you need anything wider (without getting the 18-55) what would a K-r + DA21 + DA70 set you back?

Doug

antifreez wrote:

Gerry Winterbourne wrote:

If you are happy with the K-x controls you'll be OK with the K-r. I find twin-dial controls far easier, though, so for me it would have to be the K-5.

On lenses, why not consider the DA70 instead of the FA77? There's not a lot of difference in focal length or speed but the 70 is much smaller and lighter and (here in UK, at least) under half the price.

First camera 1953, first Pentax 1983, first DSLR 2006
http://www.pbase.com/gerrywinterbourne

I've agonized over the decision between the DA70 and FA77 like many others have. I actually do find the aperture to be a huge difference, especially at that focal length, in regards to playing with depth of field. I've seen many people shooting wide open portraits with the FA77, nailing the focus with stunning bokeh.

DougOB's gear list:DougOB's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow