Started Sep 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ziad joseph
Regular MemberPosts: 227Gear list
Like?
Fnally got my first DSLR...thanks to DPreview forums
Sep 3, 2011

I have finally obtained my craved DSLR to make that step up that i think i needed. after much advice from a thread i put up, consultation and research i took the plunge and got a T2i with the 18-55 kit, 55-250 and i bought a sigma 10-22 (4-5.6) 3 weeks ago. i initially was going body only and would have just started with my wide angle lens and telephoto as my urgency for the camera was for my upcoming trip to Costa Rica amd i wanted to focus on landscapes and wildlife

i finally decided what the hell and took advantage of a special on amazon and got the kit lens too and my oh my am i glad i did as i used all of my lenses alot the 18-55 for walks and general stuff, when i started actually taking shots on the trip i thought the wide angle 10-22 would be not put to use all the time but i eventually used it alot espeically at beaches, suprisingly though the star of the show turned out to be the 55-250 because of the widlife and situations where i was glad to have it for extra reach.

i am still battling with all the gear and what lens i should have for what situations and outings but i think i did ok.

through my not being able to get familiar with the camera and lenses as i got everything the day before i left (thank GOD) i had alot of teething problems like taking alot of overexposed and underexposed shots since i have started shooting in manual mode straightaway to force a quick learning curve. i also found many of my photos were not fully focussed and lacked some sharpness subsequently i employed the landscape style and increased sharpness, saturation and contrast.

Since i have come back last week and going through the shots i now realize i have 1800 photos to sort through, much of them failed attempts though. i wll like to put up a few for C&C tomorrow as i would like some feedback on my results thus far as i suspect i have a long way to go and i have now gotten started in the DSLR ball game and eager to improve.
Kind regards
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ziad_nomadik/

Ziad joseph's gear list:Ziad joseph's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow