Started Sep 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,962Gear list
Like?
I Feel Weary, Oh So Weary
Sep 1, 2011

The lifeforce within me is slowly being vaporized by all of the negativity starting to surface toward newly posted FZ150 samples. It's this way every time a new model comes out. The pixel peepers are complaining about noise that most people will not notice in photos taken for general use, for vacations, holiday events, kids, pets, and bugs in the garden.

Why do you purchase an superzoom camera in the first place? Are you planning to shoot weddings? Are you doing professional portraiture? Are you being paid by National Geographic? Are you making your living with these cameras?

Of course not. These cameras are designed for hobbyists, for people who want to grab some bird shots, or kids playing in the yard, or mountains in the distance. And, they will do that. It looks like the FZ150 will do it better than its predecessor.

If you want outstanding image quality, buy a Nikon D700 (or the D7000 if you're on a budget) and invest thousands in lenses, and don't scream about the cost or weight.

Or, buy and enjoy an FZ. Learn the secrets of the best settings, get into good body posture for improved focus, and have some fun with photography!
--

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
(A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow