Classic SMCP-K 85mm f/1.8 with 135 Film

Started Aug 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
MikeFreeze
Forum MemberPosts: 92
Like?
Re: Classic SMCP-K 85mm f/1.8 with 135 Film
In reply to viking79, Sep 1, 2011

You wrote "I need to find some low ISO/ASA film." If I might make a suggestion, I really really really like Fuji Velvia 50 for the type of shots you posted. This film has kept my love for film cameras alive. It's slide film, and it produces "vivid" colors that make it unusable for people pics, but wow is it great for landscape and nature shots. You can have it scanned at the time of development - NCPS does it, as well as digigraphics in Ft. Collins, and I'm sure there are other labs as well. I have had excellent experience with NCPS, and they can do a much better job of scanning at the time of development than I have been able to do on my own later. I have them scan and sleeve it uncut, and I hang the uncut slides for archive purposes - hanging vertically they straighten out perfectly flat. You can also get Velvia in iso 100 speed and (I think) in iso 400, but my favorite is the 50 speed.

There is 1 huge problem that you must consider though - if you start down this path you will likely find that you love shooting film again and you may not have as much time for your digital camera hobby. Best of luck,

Mike Freeze

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow