Pangloss
Senior MemberPosts: 2,298Gear list
Like?
Choice of lenses?
In reply to Harold66, Sep 1, 2011

Hi Harold,

Harold66 wrote:

Pangloss

I would have agreed with you two days ago but now that I have read Sean Reid reviews, I am not worried anymore

if there was a problem , Sean would have seen it and the pics on his review are in focus

I haven't seen Sean Reid's review so I cannot speak for the IQ of his sample shots. But I had noticed the dpreview sample images didn't have any focus or fuzzyness issues.

All of these out of pictures have no doubt their origin in mishandled focus by others

Apart from the fuzzyness/focus issues, I had noticed CA, purple fringing and very poor bokeh in some of the sample images posted in the GR Blog review. I believe the choice of lenses is critical for the M-mount, and whereas modern Leica lenses can easily hold their reputation for optical excellence, I question whether older lenses and/or from other brands will provide acceptable IQ on the M-mount module.

This is why It is important not to draw hasty conclusions from "hands-on " reviews which are misleading , confusing and bring very little, if any , relevant information

I think future GXR M-mount buyers will have to test their own M-mount lenses and see for themselves how the GXR+M-mount works for them. Not everybody is Sean Reid, after all. That much is crystal clear!

--
Andrew
Panasonic LX3, Ricoh GXR w/ A12 28&50mm user

Pangloss's gear list:Pangloss's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Nikon 1 V1 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EVF?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow