Started Sep 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photofan1986
Senior MemberPosts: 2,351Gear list
Like?
X10 EXR sensor, a good choice?
Sep 1, 2011

Did you expect an EXR sensor for the X10 or were you longing for a sensor like the one on the X100 ? I don't mean the size, but rather the standard bayer matrix (or super ccd matrix) instead of the EXR matrix.

Will you be glad with "real" 6 megapixels on a $600 camera ?

I'm not sure about this one. I mean, I'm perfectly happy with 6 megapixels on my F200, but it's a camera I paid about 180€. Here, we are talking about a $600 camera (supposedly) and most competitors have at least 10 megapixels. Sure, you get wider DR and good low light ability, but will 6 megapixels be enough for "serious" work ?

I'm wondering. I must say I expected something like 8 megapixels on that sensor, or a conventional matrix with, say 10 megapixels and an EXR processor like on the X100.

What do you think? Will the X10 have better quality in full resolution (12mpix) than, say, the F200? Because I must say I'm not very happy with the F200's high resolution mode. My old 10 megapixels Ixus produces much sharper pictures.

All this is pure speculation at this time, but what's your opinions?

Regards,

Photofan

photofan1986's gear list:photofan1986's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow