New happy X100 owner with a question regarding portraits!

Started Aug 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simon2901
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
New happy X100 owner with a question regarding portraits!
Aug 31, 2011

Hello everyone

Just got the fuji x100 a couple of hours ago, and have been tweaking so that it is now perfectly set up for my street photography style.

Before this i used 2 nikons (D40 and a bit D200), 2 pens ( ep-1 and ep-2), a Nex-3 with some good rangefinder glass. Still even through i did not really grow up with analog, really rather adapted it halfway through my photographing life, i really loved the way of shooting with a good rangefinder camera and therefore the Fujifilm x100 set on MF with af-lock seems like the perfect compromise, since i loved the mf of the nex but really did find the picture taking experience lacked compared to a rangefinder with a optical viewfinder!

well the thing is a allways used 50mm as my focal lengh and now my only real worry is that 35mm will be way too wide for me! one thing that i am worried about is the distortion to faces and people in general at closer range, so the first question would be, how close would i need to be to avoid "too much" distortion?

i like to do portraits but i would avoid it if its no good with the fuji x100 and maybe just get an used ep-1 or nex-3 and a 50mm jupiter 8 rangefinder lens for that. Would love to see some portraits shot with the x100 and here some oppinons about using the fuji for that purpose!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow