Started Aug 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CoolHandLu
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Favorite Paper for Epson R3000?
Aug 31, 2011

I'm sure this has been done to death, but I did my due dilligence and really couldn't find a post that was "on point".

I'm stricly an amature photographer and the R3000 is my FIRST printer of any quality to speak of. I even calibrated my monitor using X-Rite i1Display, and now I'm like a kid in a candy store, printing like a mad man!

But the paper I am using? Well, I walked into my local Office Depot and they were having a sale on "Epson Paper GLOSSY", so I bought a bunch of 8.5 x 11. I also bought some HP "Advanced Photo Paper" glossy 5x7 that were on sale. And I am VERY happy with the results I'm getting.

But I haven't made a DENT in my Matt Black cartridge (of course I haven't - I'm printing Glossy!), and I keep thinking I should "experiment" with other types of paper, specifically matt paper. But this is an expensive proposition - matt paper ain't cheap.

So my question - is there any "does it all" high quality printing paper you folks use on a casual basis with this printer that you would highly recommend? I know this is a very personal issue (paper choice). But the fact that I made MY paper choice thru the luck of the draw (Office Max sale, for god sake) leads me to believe that as happy as I am with my results, I could do a whole lot better.

Thanks!
Brian
--

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality
through not dying. (Woody Allen)

CoolHandLu's gear list:CoolHandLu's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow