Elements 7 to CS5... easy to get to grips with?

Started Aug 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hayles91
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
Elements 7 to CS5... easy to get to grips with?
Aug 31, 2011

Hi All

After a rather expensive (but fun) weekend migrating from PC to Mac (slight indulgence - 27" iMac plus MacBook Air!), I have also shelled out on CS5 and LR3 as Adobe were doing a particularly good deal ....

I've not had chance to 'play' yet as been doing all of the moving files, reformatting NAS drives to Mac etc but wondered if anyone has any thoughts on moving from PS Elements 7 to CS5....? Is it a step change with quite a lot of familiarity between the 2 'versions' or actually quite a steep learning curve going to CS5?

I know obviously there are many functions that are very similarly processed in both, but just trying to get a feel for how much I need to prepare for learning from nearer the start again.

I've got a couple of photoshoots I've done recently that I would like to start working on the images on the new mac, but don't want to put myself in a position of promising finished images before I've properly got to grips with the software.

This isn't a massive problem as they're not expecting them to a particular time frame & these aren't being done as a 'professional job' - I just want to be able to set expectations.

Any experience of moving from one to the other gratefully received

thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow