Started Aug 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kuros
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Canon EOS 1100D Standard kitlens upgrade
Aug 31, 2011

I'm a beginner DSLR user and I'm looking for an affordable lens upgrade for my Canon EOS 1100D. My budget is around $250, but if it makes a world of difference I'll spend around $350.

I've got a 'reasonable' understanding of lens and camera specs, and have done a lot of research on the subject. But still I would like to ask you pro's some questions about this.

The purpose of this new lens is for city photographing, mainly relative close-up shots (from a distance) of the daily life in the city. So I began looking for zoom lenses with better depth of field then the standard kit lens. I find the depth of field aspect more important then the zoom. So during my research I 'stumbled' over these lenses:

CANON EF 75-300/4.0-5.6 III
CANON EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS
SIGMA 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG MACRO CANON AF
SIGMA 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC CANON AF

Am I at all in the right direction of what I'm looking for, or do you have better suggestions? Also, I'm going to Japan in two weeks, the Canon country, so I would assume the prices of camera hardware is lower there then in Europe. Does anyone know this for a fact?

I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow