Best memory cards for NEX-C3?

Started Aug 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
BayAreaWZ
Senior MemberPosts: 1,193Gear list
Like?
Re: Best memory cards for NEX-C3?
In reply to John Bean (UK), Aug 30, 2011

The Sandisk UHS card has a speed of 45MB/s which is pretty close to the Sony stick.

The difference is that the Sandisk cards are more expensive, but they are a bit more flexible if you shoot other cameras that use SD cards. I've always had some sort of Sony cam so Sony sticks are fine. I just can't have all my cards me sony sticks.

John Bean (UK) wrote:

BayAreaWZ wrote:

If you're going to pick up a MS Pro HG Duo card, make sure you get the new 50MB/s ones. They sell for the same as the earlier 30MB/s ones so it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

True, but even the older version is much quicker in real situations than SD cards with similar or even higher rated speeds.

I imagine burst shooting recovery time is when the extra speed might come in handy although most of that relies on the camera's buffer, but the card should play a factor.

Yes, and especially when using raw capture the throughput is measurably and noticeably quicker.

-- hide signature --

John Bean [GMT+1 aka BST]

BayAreaWZ's gear list:BayAreaWZ's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow