I'm finding I like the trackpad better than the mouse...crazy!

Started Aug 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jamil Abbasy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,264
Like?
I'm finding I like the trackpad better than the mouse...crazy!
Aug 30, 2011

I'm a recent (2 months) Mac convert with a 2011 MacBook Air. This replaces my dying Dell until I can buy a new Thunderbolt Mac Pro to go along with it. I have only used mice on my PCs even when I used a laptop because the touch pads on most PCs are pretty bad...even when sitting on a couch.

I bought a Logitech Marathon Mouse to go along with the Air, but I found the tracking to be very strange and had difficulty getting the cursor where I wanted it. The new style scroll wheels are also pretty bad. So, I decided to hook up my old Logitech MX400 corded mouse that I have used for years. It works perfectly, but I came to a very strange conclusion:

I think I prefer the Mac Air trackpad over the mouse. (I assume the standalone trackpad would work similarly well.)

I never thought I'd say this (let alone make a silly post about it), but I'm just floored at how good it is. I've edited two iMovie projects with the trackpad and it didn't slow me down one bit. I also love how I can use the gestures and don't have to have some fancy mouse to make them work. The gestures are just so intuitive that they seem to work seamlessly with my workflow.

That being said, I plan on trying out the Performance Mouse MX to have a good wireless mouse around. If I don't like it, I'll probably try and find another old discontinued MX400 - basically the same thing as the MX500 without the new lousy scroll wheel.

Anyone else experience something similar?

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow