Started Aug 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mathew crow
Regular MemberPosts: 443
Like?
Europe with E-PL2- photos
Aug 29, 2011

I’ve just returned from my European vacation with my E-PL2. This was the first time that I’ve been able to convince myself to leave my D-SLR (Canon 7D) and all the heavy lenses at home in lieu of a smaller kit. I posted a thread on my kit a while back before I left: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&message=38952359

I took the E-PL2 with the Olympus 14-150, Olympus 9-18, and Panasonic 20 1.7. I loved my experience with the kit setup and never regretted leaving the 7D at home. It was so liberating to carry such a small and lightweight camera. This little camera has made photography fun and exciting again. I had a blast with the E-PL2 and actually ended up using the art filters a lot, which I didn’t even care about when I bought the camera. I know a lot of purists will dismiss these seemingly gimmicky features outright, but I really grew to enjoy them and I think the look is often perfect for where the pics will ultimately end up, which is in the family vacation scrapbook/photo album. I did, however shoot in in RAW+jpg mode for most of the shots in case I wanted to edit. The photos with the art filters have the little frame around them; the rest were processed from RAW in Lightroom 3. C&C welcome.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow