Started Aug 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tony 3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 628
Like?
Don't know what to do......
Aug 29, 2011

I just phoned Pentax to ask them about the two problems that worry the most about buying the K5, The sensor stains, and mirror flop. They were very reluctant to tell me much about either issue. They did tell my that they were still getting returns for the stain issue on a few new cameras. I thought this was all cleared up? What puts me into a real corner here, is I'm leaving for Italy, and Paris in mid November, and won't have time to get either issue addressed. So I asked Pentax if this mirror flop issue did appear, could I send the camera back to Pentax for a new body given my situation. Answer... No. This puts me in a very tough position, because going to Italy without a camera would be kinda stupid. So let me ask this. Would this just be an annoyance while shooting, or would this make shooting so difficult that I wouldn't really be able to use the camera? If so I will probably send it back and switch to the Nikon D7000. What do you think? It's really bad timing for Pentax to have yet another issue.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow