ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GurneyHalleck
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Grand Canyon - the 100000th
Aug 29, 2011

Hi,

I am heading to the Grand Canyon end of September (never been there - shame on me!). I will drive from the west towards the South Rim and will spend some time there - probably some hiking and a helicopter ride on-site.

Now, I have Canon 60D+Sigma 30mm+Canon15-85+Tamron70-300VC. I am thinking letting my Tammy at home or at least in the hotel, because I do not see any use for it in that kind of landscape. I assume the 15-85 will serve well during the day, and the Sigma gives me some nice twilight shots. Any objections?

I have read that any devices or objects are not allowed on the skywalk/observing bridge. Is that true or is it just a "suggestion"?

I have seen some nice shots from helicopter rides on Flickr - does it make sense to bring the gear to the flight? I do not want to miss the actual flight by handling my gear, but one the other hand it would be nice to keep some digital memories.

I am really excited to see the big pit finally and if anybody has some more tips and tricks for photography there I'd be glad to hear.

Thanks

GurneyHalleck's gear list:GurneyHalleck's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon EOS 60D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow