ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brad Steinagel
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Thinking of Switching to Mac But Concerned about Apple-Adobe Relationship
Aug 29, 2011

Hi,

I am a current PC user running Windows 7, but I don't particularly like Windows' use of the registry and its shared file structure. I think from a security standpoint, Apple's operating system with it's compartmentalized programs and file structure is the way an OS should be designed. I'm seriously considering the switch to Mac. However, I'm concerned about switching because of Apple's current relationship with Adobe whose programs I use exclusively when it comes to photography. I'm worried that Apple's "if you're not gonna do things our way..." kind of attitude which caused them to ditch Flash on the iPad and iPhone is going to strain their working relationship with Adobe. Will this cause Adobe to start focusing less and less on the Mac platform? Although no one can predict the future, I can see the possibility of Adobe getting to that point where they become so frustrated with Apple that they just pull out of the Mac platform altogether. Granted, about half of Adobe's Creative Suite sales are for the Mac platform, which would be a sizeable loss for Adobe if they were to do this, but they could get the upper hand on Apple by discontinuing their Mac software and offering current Mac users the option of exchanging their Mac licenses for Windows licenses for free.

My intent is not to start a flame or war here, but as someone who would genuinely like to convert to the Mac I want to know if my money would be well spent before making the move. I don't want to have to switch back to Windoze a couple years later.

Brad

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow