Looking seriously at the NEX-7, but have concern...

Started Aug 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
harry cannoli
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,293Gear list
Like?
Valid concerns..
In reply to bugeyed, Aug 28, 2011

I shoot with a canon 7D, 18 megapixels on an APS-C chip. The new Sony puts 24 megapixels on a chip the same size.

I can tell you this, for me to get everything my sensor is capable of delivering, I must use the very, very best lenses. The same thing will hold true for the NEX-7. If you want to get your 24 megapixels worth, you'll need an extraordinary lens to do it.

The reviews will tell the story. I would wait to see just how good the available lenses work with this new sensor.

The new NEX is a marvelous piece of technology, let's hope the lens and sensor lives up to the hype.

Cheers
Rich

bugeyed wrote:

I have read that the NEX system lenses are not of very high quality. I have also read that there are not many available. Can someone give me a sanity check on the lenses for the NEX system? I have Nikon DX & AI lenses the would work with an adapter, but would prefer to have lenses that are fully functional on the NEX-7 body.

Thanks,
kev
--
'It ain't what they call you that's important, It's what you answer to!'

harry cannoli's gear list:harry cannoli's gear list
Olympus C-700 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 350D +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow