Other than IQ and EVF, any complaints about a77?

Started Aug 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
realgeek
Senior MemberPosts: 1,177
Like?
Other than IQ and EVF, any complaints about a77?
Aug 28, 2011

So, I'm pretty serious about getting an a77 (if only because it's clearly the future of Sony and I have too many lenses to switch). But I was wondering what the complaints may be, OTHER THAN image quality and the electronic viewfinder. I'm not saying that these two factors don't matter -- of course they do! -- but I've read all about them can live with them.

Setting aside IQ and EVF, it looks like an AMAZING camera to me! Am I missing something?

And let me be clear: when I say it's an amazing camera, I'm not talking about the extra bells and whistles, like 3D sweep panorama. Such features may be nice, but I'll probably never use them. I mean important stuff, like +|-5 exposure compensation, setting AUTO ISO limits, direct manual focus, lens micro-adjustment, etc. It seems to be a complete package.

I've looked around on these boards a bit, but everyone is focused on high ISO image quality. If anyone has (or knows of) other complaints ... what are they?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow