ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveCooper
Regular MemberPosts: 438Gear list
Like?
thinking of jumping ship to A77 from my Nikon system
Aug 27, 2011

Hello all,

To all of you pros and long-time DSLR users, I am asking for your advice.

I come from a long time love affair with bridge cameras such as the Sony DSC-F828.

I bought the Nikon D90, and over time have invested in multiple lenses (Nikon 18-105, 35, 50, 70-300VR, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 & Tamron 200-500), vertical grip, batteries, remote and SB600 & SB800 flashes.

I have learned a lot about photography in the process of owning and using my D90. At first, it took a lot of getting used to, using metering versus an EVF that accurately displayed exposure from my Sony F828. I finally have got used to using the metering and do enjoy the fast response (no shutter lag) and low noise even using high ISO of my Nikon D90, but after reading about the new A77, it looks like Sony has finally addressed my desire for better image quality and fast response time with an EVF that displays white balance and exposure.

I am looking for advice here. Should I continue to "suck it up" and learn more about metering and exposure with Nikon, or switch back to an EVF that gives me more of a WYSISWG display?

The only downside I see is the $$$ hit I am going to take in selling off my Nikon gear to buy Sony gear to replace what I am selling. What do you think of Nikkor lenses versus Sony glass? I guess I can always go with Zeiss lenses, but that will REALLY cost me money, right?

Thoughts???

Thanks in advance,

Steve

SteveCooper's gear list:SteveCooper's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Nikon D90 Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +9 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow