I WANT to like my x100

Started Aug 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
johnkkraus
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
Re: Learning Curve?
In reply to Gordon L, Aug 27, 2011

You're totally correct about the sluggish factor. I love the files, lens quality, high iso low noise. But the camera is sluggish, and this with using all the tricks in terms of settings. My GF1 was so much faster I'm questioning if I made the right move. But the file quality is gorgeous.

The camera just doesn't respond the way it should, I have missed so many shots, and never did with the GF1. For people, documentary, etc it's barely usable. Unless you go manual focus setting hyperfocal distance and shooting at a high ISO for depth of field focus. A Leica M with manual focus is MUCH faster- unless your X100 focus point is precisely where the focus cross is and you don't have to recompose.

If the situation gives you that second to set up the shot, the camera is fine. In social and event settings it's often worked out. Following a young kid, different story. If you need to catch that fleeting moment, it's very hard to achieve with the X100. Definitely a love/hate thing for me at this point. At least a love/disappointed thing.
--
John Kraus

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
DAHNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow