Started Aug 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
apwhitelaw
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
20mm f/1.7 or 25mm f/1.4
Aug 27, 2011

So I'm kinda torn between the two. I don't know if I should just get the 20mm f/1.7: cheaper, smaller, lighter, able to get sooner, or the new Panasonic-Leica DG 25mm f/1.4: bigger, heavier, wider aperture, take longer to save for it. The only reason I care to mention that it's DG is because I believe that some people often get it confused with the older Leica D model, made for Four Thirds.

Anyways, the fact that the 20mm is nice and small, seems cool, especially for my little GH2 that I have over here, but if I'm going to get sharper and better looking photos with the 25mm, I'm down. Really I just want something with a small aperture so that I can get better bokeh and also have better shots in low light situations. If I had the money, I'd go for the Nokton 25mm, but I don't and I don't want to save up that much and spend that much.

It seems like the colors coming out of the 25mm are much nicer, but that's just what it looks like from looking at test shots.

Anyways, let me know what would be a better choice.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow