Started Aug 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gordon lafleur
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
I WANT to like my x100
Aug 26, 2011

I've had my x100 since April. It has been at my side since then, and I have made thousands of photographs with it. I was hugely frustrated with it at first, but have learned to work around and get used to some of the quirks.

Magnum photogrpaher David Allan Harvey has been trying one out. Like he says, the files are wonderful, and it's a camera he wants to like but he is passing on it because it is so sluggish.

So after four months of shooting with it, I've looked back on what I've shot and have to admit I'm dissapointed. I love the file quality, the lens, the low light ability, but I am constantly frustrated by the in-ability of the camera to respond quickly. I've lost so many moments. I was getting better stuff with my beloved little Canon Rebel XS and 28mm prime which is ready to shoot pretty much instantly.

Yesterday I dug out the Rebel and put aside the Fuji. I will shoot with the Rebel for awhile and see how I do. If It feels better, I will sell the x100.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
DAHNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow