Testing C-Mount lenses on NEX

Started Aug 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
Vadimka
Regular MemberPosts: 422Gear list
Like?
Re: Testing C-Mount lenses on NEX
In reply to fermy, Aug 26, 2011

Great samples, I like #1 and #2 the most. Cosmicar is of the of the better CCTV lenses, as well as Fujinon. (because their ties to photo and video industry) Some modern Fujinon cine lenses are considered the sharpest in the industry.

But I have to agree with some people, that cine lenses are not going to be an all in one solution and by no means we all should run and get one at any cost. Majority of people judge lenses strictly by how much resolution they produce and how much vignetting and distortion it has. (these people should not consider most of the C-mount cine lenses)

But for some other people who look at photography as art, and pay more attention to tones, colors, draw, aberrations, bokeh and overall uniqueness of the whole image, for those it might worth a try.

I don't know how to really explain it, but I did own one of the sharpest lenses ever made (zuiko digital 50/2 macro) and it made me yawn everytime I took it for a spin.

But for those who want the best of both worlds with no compromise should consider 35mm cine lenses (arri mount, etc) they will cover aps-c and will have no problem with vignetting.

-- hide signature --

Snap away

Vadimka's gear list:Vadimka's gear list
Leica Digilux 2 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow