ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Grenosr
New MemberPosts: 19
Like?
NEX-3 on steep sale vs HX9V for vacation
Aug 25, 2011

Sooooo

I'm in the market for something compact to take with me to New Orleans next week. I had my eyes set on the Sony HX9V because of the spectacular reviews it's gotten for video performance ins such a small sensor compact and it fit's in my cargo short's pocket without taking up to much room.

But then............. I'm strolling around Target yesterday afternoon picking up some things and noticed the Sony NEX-3 is on sale for $299!!!!! I really love the idea of having such a compact large sensor camera and have seen some spectacular stills. It could be great for some low light shot's around the French Quarter. I know it's not the best video machine in the world but I'm just dipping my toe in the video pool and am much more experienced with still photography.

Anyhow, I'm torn between a $350 very compact camera that takes some pretty impressive video and decent stills. (Check this out if you don't believe me http://www.vimeo.com/26235258 ) or a $299 sorta compact camera that takes amazing stills and meh video

Thoughts, comments, obscene remarks?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow