Started Aug 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Les Kamens
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?
Thanks Nikon ( I really mean it)
Aug 25, 2011

As i had finished a shoot yesterday and wrapping up all the equipment, stands and lighting first. As I detached my D3s from tripod and held it, my thoughts were, this is a great camera. Best I've held to date. I felt very fortunate to be able to offer my clients the best in technology. The progression for me went from D1's- D2's and were not ideal tools. My F5 was an amazing camera. I had an intuitiveness with the film i used, and the the operation of the camera. All I really wanted was a camera that i didn't have to stand on my left leg with my right elbow out to get a decent exposure. ( just kidding) Then the D3 came out and all of a sudden I was back to being a photographer . I could once again use the skills I had learned pre digital. My mind was now fully concentrating on composition and not the odd quirks of the camera. Sure i can't wait for a D4, But I will, and when it comes out it will be in my case. I believe it took 30-40 years before SLR's came out and another 25 years or so to get to Nikon F the first camera system. I do realize that time lines are sped up and technology grows faster than science fiction. Point being that we are all pioneers in the digital camera market. One day there will be a standard again what ever that may be. We just have to keep buying what ever is new out there to keep the process going. Like using this forum to critique what we are using so that Nikon or any other company can see a direction I believe we are all in this together. So thank you Nikon for your equipment. I'm in it for the long haul.

Les Kamens's gear list:Les Kamens's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow