Still love your X1?

Started Aug 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
Doug D
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Re: Still love your X1?
In reply to dotyman, Aug 25, 2011

I own it, I use it, & I love the results it gives me. I knew its supposed limitations when I bought it and yes, I also knew at the time that the X100 was soon to be released. I don't feel my shooting is limited by the camera and I'm not at all worried it is going to fall apart in my minds. I just shoot with it and haven't felt much need to second guess my choice in the many months I've owned it. I also expect the X1 will hold me for a while longer. YMMV of course, and I guess it depends on what you are looking for/expect out of a camera these days.

I use different cameras (including a film M) for different purposes and don't feel one model has to have every feature and performance profile that my cameras collectively share - indeed, that is an impossibility at least for now. The X1 is about image quality, form factor and simplicity. I suppose I look at it as paying more in order "to get less".

The camera you choose to have in your possession/hands at any given moment is a personal decision and I understand there are many out there with X1's who regret their decision. I just don't happen to be one of them in large part because I knew what I was signing on for - warts and all.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow