Long time Nikon user thinking of going Canon - CC welcome on my logic pls!

Started Aug 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dan_168
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,937Gear list
Like?
Re: Long time Nikon user thinking of going Canon - CC welcome on my logic pls!
In reply to Photo_AK, Aug 25, 2011

Photo_AK wrote:

You can't beat Canon's 5D MkII + 17/4 TS-E + 24/3.5 TS-E combination with Nikon's equipment, it's just impossible, period. Anybody who says it can be done and that it's "the same thing" or "not much better" clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

Both brands offer a lot, but in some particular ways Nikon is better and Canon is better in others. Canon is clearly a winner here, no doubt.

Canon 20+mpix + 17mm TS-E combo costs $5.000 while Nikon-mount version is impossible. Canon 20+mpix + 24mm TS-E combo costs $4.600 while Nikon-mount version would set you back for $8.000 ...

Totally agree with you, as a dual system user, current shooting Canon 1DS2 5D2 and D3, I am totally with you both brand has its strong and weak point, and the TSE 17 and TSE 24 II is definitely a strong point on the Canon side, I use them both with 1DS2 and 5D2 lot alone with Zeiss 21, Zeiss 35, Zeiss 50 & Zeiss 100 for my landscape works, and I can concur at the moment there is absolutely nothing in the Nikon side can come close to the TSE, tried the PCE and I have to say they are not even in the same league, never mind those "you can do it in PP/PS instead of TSE......" joke.

Dan_168's gear list:Dan_168's gear list
Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow