GXR or GRD III

Started Aug 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Pangloss
Senior MemberPosts: 2,298Gear list
Like?
Best for your fussy friend: the Ferrari 599!
In reply to stopshoot, Aug 24, 2011

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2010/04/ezra-dyer.html

stopshoot wrote:

Personnaly I prefer primes but my friend, well he likes it all - I know greedy hey!

He tried both the GRD, GXR and also a G3 instore and I thought he would walk out with the GRD, but he said he was surprised how noisy it was at base ISO setting even in bright sunny conditions - something he had never seen on even his old canon G7! He ended up not that impressed with any of them - fussy bugger (excuse my UK slang).

I think he is now eyeing up either the new NEX or even the Pentax Q - the shop owner was raving about it, said he had seen some great output despite the sensor size, personally I'm not convinced.

So, back to the drawing board. From my point, with the announcements todate I'm surprised that both Canon and Nikon have come to the mirrorless party. The segment if not now, has to be hurting their consumer sales.

-- hide signature --

Andrew
Panasonic LX3, Ricoh GXR w/ A12 28&50mm user

Pangloss's gear list:Pangloss's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D200 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Ricoh GXR GR Lens A12 28mm F2.5 Nikon 1 V1 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow