Started Aug 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vetteguy
Junior MemberPosts: 25
Like?
D60 Upgrade, where to go? D90?
Aug 24, 2011

I have not been steered wrong on this forum so I've come back for some more advice. I've had my D60 for about 2.5 years and it's served me well but I would like to upgrade. I would really like to get something that has better low light capabilities, has a built in focus motor so I can use the 3 screw-AF lenses from my 35mm body and also has a better autofocus system.

My search has led me to a slightly used or refurbished D300 or D90. The D7000 is really nice but is far more than I want to spend, and I also do not need video. The two lenses I bought for the D60 are a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II and Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED.

I read some reviews and comparisons for the D300 and D90 and the D90 seems to be edging out the D300 as far as photo quality. The D90 also seems to be a body that a lot of D60 users upgrade to. Subject wise I shoot just about everything and anything, anytime I go somewhere I take the camera. It's definitely become something I really enjoy.

What do you all think?

Thanks..

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow