Who Is Thinking Of Buying the E 50mm F1.8 OSS?

Started Aug 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mynakedsoda
Contributing MemberPosts: 701
Like?
Who Is Thinking Of Buying the E 50mm F1.8 OSS?
Aug 24, 2011

I just finished looking at all the new stuff Sony announced for the Nex. For me the most interesting lens is actually the 50mm 1.8 OSS. I'll have to admit that I was initially underwhelmed but now that I see it will OSS and is still projected to sell for around $300 I might actually consider it after it's been out for some time and lots of samples of it wide open are available. Keep in mind that I don't even own an E mount lens anymore (the 16mm sold almost instantly) and had no plans for any of the zooms. A prime in that focal length (I think 50mm on a 1.5 crop body is great for shooters like me that prefer detail type shots vs. scene) and although I think the high ISO is great on my Nex3 I must admit that most of what I shoot is static so OSS might bring alot of advantages to what I do. If it is as good as my old Nikon 50mm 1.8D was wide open I'd consider it a real bargain.

So is anyone else looking at this as a bargain or the answer to a need? I'm shocked their aren't atleast 5 threads on it already.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow