P7100 to replace P7000

Started Jul 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
regis3
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
Re: P7100 to replace P7000
In reply to snapshot09, Aug 24, 2011

Personally ,this is exactly what I've expected ,and even better.

If all the functions of the P7000 are there (specially the quality of JPG photos and the NR functions) ,and if the speed is OK (decent write times in RAW format ,but the main test would be the AF speed in low light) ,this probably be my next camera.

And what Canon can do? well ,the Nikon P7100 is almost exactly like the G12 - Nikon saw that the real milking-cows are the G11/G12 and especially the S95 - and decided to produce similar products (I hope they'd get something similar to the S95 ,but till today ,no company has successfully produced such marvel).

Since the P7100 has "zoomier" lens ,and should be better than the G12 (I'm very careful here - we'll wait for the reviews) ,the next G camera can "go wider", meaning to have faster lens ,or wider angle (24-120 seems better to many photographers) ,but they can do what Nikon just did - produce the next G with a 28-200 lens (exactly like the PRO1 was :))

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow