Started Aug 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Daniels
Regular MemberPosts: 356Gear list
Like?
Calling it like I see it. "Nikon will/has started making its own sensor tech"
Aug 24, 2011

With the Sony's thunderous announcement I'm sure sure Nikon and maybe Canon are a a bit concerned. In years past the tech has trickled out of the top 2 camps. Within a few short years Sony has said 'Fugg that' and has produced an APC-s camera that shoots 12 frames per sec. 24mpx, 1080video with phase detection, high quality lenses and body...etc for under $2000.00. Now you may say that the high ISO are not that great etc..but the truth of the matter is they just delivered PRO GRADE SPECS to the masses. This not trickle down tech. This has opened the flood gates. And with these early announcements they will snap up every point and shoot photographer who has desired to get a DSLR. Mark my words Sony is on a WARPATH and is taking no prisoners. Nikon need to severe their ties and start investing their own sensors for their cameras. Sure everything is chummy between Nikon and Sony. For now. But Sony has got that devilish grin with its hand outstretched to shake Nikon's hand. While the other hand is hidden with a club waiting to hit Nikon over 'da' head with.
--

• 'What's the use of having BIG hands if you have short fingers'

Nikon forever... Babe!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow