Started Aug 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
l_objectif
Forum ProPosts: 17,096Gear list
Like?
In the Middle of nowhere!
Aug 24, 2011

Before everything else, I would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind and encouraging words that meant so much to me. This is a wonderful forum with wonderful and encouraging people; and it’s so good to be back home.

As for my vacation, I was very excited for the plans I had to visit very dear friends in India. But unfortunately, my schedule and theirs couldn’t work. So, I decided to visit the Lands of “Indians ” here in America.

I drove thousands of miles through Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. I saw amazing sceneries that I often did not shoot for not annoying my family with frequent stops in the heat and in the middle of nowhere!

More than ever, I realized that “Photography” is for those who travel alone, or with those who share the same passion for photography! Neither was my case!

As gear, I decided to leave the weight of a DSLR and different lenses at home and travel light only with my little P&S, Dlux5 . Of course, there were many times I wished I had my DSLR; but it was a question of self-discipline and I had to manage with what I had.

In this thread and in those that will follow, I would like to share some of my shots with my friends of this forum and I hope you would like some of them.

To start, here are a few from the roads I took, in the middle of nowhere.

Dlux5

-- hide signature --

Louis

My DPR Gallery (Dlux3, Dlux4,Dlux5, Nikon D300)
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/6584690903/photos/slideshow

l_objectif's gear list:l_objectif's gear list
Leica D-LUX 5 Nikon D300
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RushNew
JohnNew
YangNew
JohnNew
NickNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow