Started Aug 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hoakin1981
Regular MemberPosts: 268
Like?
Ready to do a stupid thing...
Aug 24, 2011

Pretty much what the title says. I am not satisfied with my D5000 anymore, very nice but too much entry-level for my taste. On the search for a used semi-pro model i came accross a very nice deal for the old D2X.

After a little digging i did notice some of the model's weak points being the DX format, limited ISO capabilities, questionable LCD performance. But nevertheless, its a D2X, it was Nikon's flagship back in 2005 costing a whoping 3.5k at the time.

What "worries" me is that the asked price is comparable to a used D300..Therefore perhaps the technological advancements made in the last years mean that the D300 is actually a better "overall" camera than the flagship model of a few years back.

Need your help guys/gals. The price is around 640 GBP body only, do u think its a bargain or not and why?

Would appreciate all feedback from current or ex-D2X owners, is the sensor worth the investment? I read somewhere that back then, the sensor used was not as noise-free as later models.

Many thanks in advance for all comments & thoughts!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow