Any users of older Ricoh digicams?

Started Oct 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
schaki
Senior MemberPosts: 2,123Gear list
Like?
Ricoh Pro G3
In reply to Aub08, Aug 23, 2011

Ricoh Caplio Pro G3. It arrived yesterday and I've not used it a lot. WB indoor is not as good as the RR30. But the jpeg output in general seems to be better with less colour mortling than the RR30 / 300G. The zoom seem to remain the same although luckily the zoom-mech now are less whiny. The autofocus is very silent to my surprise. Even in macro. The RR30 autofocus noise reminded a lot about the GRD1.

Guess how surprised I was when it was obvious that the Pro G3 have an all plastic body unlike the the G3s which have a magnesium at the front. The usual G3 are plastic also as the G3 pro. Really, I hadn't expected that.

Handling is a slightly mixed bag without the ADJ-button. The menu-button is well placed while the OK-button is placed towards the bottom of the body, too far down imo which make for awkward ergonomic. Ricoh must have realized that as the G4 have the OK-button placed directly below the menu-button, as it should be to make for ok ergonomic and fast handling.

Would have been even better had the OK-button been placed in the middle of the the four button which makes a cross. Probably the RX introduced that.

Some first pictures. The camera chose to reset the sequential number counter after that I had transferred the pictures taken with it during the first day. I don't like that. Well, now the sequential no. are set to ON.

schaki's gear list:schaki's gear list
Contax TVS Digital
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GRDINew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow