Started Aug 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaveBowman
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Topaz Remask - flawed software
Aug 23, 2011

I purchased Topaz Remask a while ago. Never used it until recently as I don't do that much masking work. However, I've just noticed a glaring issue with this s/w that the manufacturers seem happy to ignore... Or perhaps they're hoping too many people won't notice.

When you mask an image the area that's left By Topaz Remask is not completely opaque. There is a semi-transparency to it which, although slight, is there. That means that anything you try and add beneath this layer will show through slightly, thus contaminating the masked layer.

I've heard elsewhere that this issue has been there at least since version 2. I believe that Topaz have been made aware of it and yet still the issue exists in V3. This flaw, for me, renders the s/w pretty much useless - I mean, who wants masking s/w that doesn't create a clean mask!

I sent an email to Topaz asking them about this and requesting a refund for the s/w as it's no use to me in its current form. Oddly they've fallen silent, not answering my emails.

Be interesting to hear how many other users on this forum are using this s/w and if they've noticed the problem.
--
Dave

DaveBowman's gear list:DaveBowman's gear list
Leica M9-P Sony Alpha 7R
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow