Started Aug 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TerryMaz
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
canon 15-85 Help please
Aug 23, 2011

I recently upgrade my xsi to a 60d and wanted to get a better lens. After researching the 15-85 and the 17-55 i decided to go with the 15-85 for the versatility. I had read mostly good reviews. When i go the 60d a month ago i forced myself to stay in manual and learn how to shoot. I had gotten pretty familiar with iso, aperture , etc with my kit lens, the 18-135.

My problem is this lens seems really poor in what i wouldn't call low light. In the house at night with overhead can lighting on. I can't seem to get a shot without using the flash. I played with it and kicked the iso way up and set aperture to 5 and the images are just really dark. Am i doing something wrong or is this lens meant more for outside during day. Any help is much appreciated. I have always been interested in photography and choose recently to get serious about my hobby. I was dx'd with MS a few months ago and just couldn't ride my harleey anymore due to losing most of my vision in right eye and other MS symptoms. Harley was sold and photography is getting my full attention now.

Thanks for any help given.

Terry

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow