Started Aug 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shamatt
Forum MemberPosts: 97Gear list
Like?
A580 First Day Out
Aug 22, 2011

Well, luckily today was a warm sunny day, and as the camera arrived in the post at 8:30 this morning I thought I would make the most of it - after a coffee while a battery charged!

First impressions are that I am going to love this camera as much as I have my KM5D for the last 5 or so years. It is taking some to get used to the possition of the command wheel, I keep turning the thing off! I also find the LCD screen on the back shows the colours in the preview far too saturated. They are far more natural once you get them on to the PC.

Biggest issue is that the file names seem to be hexadecimal! Which is a pain as my viewing software shows them alphabetically. Hum. So I can't find a way of viewing shots in their correct order at the moment. I may try batch renaming them as they are loaded off the memory card.

I got a class 10 32Gig SDXC card, well worth the money - the camera is litening fast.

The other thing I have noticed is that as I apply exposure comp to try and force some underexposure, it will ramp up the ISO as though it is trying to compensate against my input - feels like I have less controll than I would like. May have to start getting into M mode more than I have previously.

Lense is a pleasure to use too - Tamron 18 - 270 PZD. Near as dam it silent focusing, fast as you like.

These are all right off the camera, no editing. Would enjoy your feedback or comments/tips etc!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow