Sucess! calibrated workflow w/ DPP and PSP using the Colormunki

Started Aug 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Regular MemberPosts: 393Gear list
Sucess! calibrated workflow w/ DPP and PSP using the Colormunki
Aug 20, 2011

Feels good to figure things out on your own.

I have been trying to figure out how i can print 11x14 with my 9000 II as DPP doesnt have the option to do so. I use DPP and Paintshop to do most of my editing. I get the photo where i want it with the most headroom and then convert to tiff and finish up in PSP.

Anyway, I found a way to print using PSP at the 11x14 that i want. But that wasnt the first problem. I have fully calibrated my workflow from screen to print with a Colormunki and I get accurate and repeatable results when using DPP to print. It wasnt going so smoothly with PSP initially tonight when i was experimenting with the print sizes. Turns out i had to go into the windows device manager and select the profiles i created with the CM manually and allow it to be reconized by PSP. Now its a completely calibrated color management workflow!

Just thought i would share and maybe someone else is having a similar problem that might find this helpful.

If anyone else knows of a way to print in various sizes using DPP or PSP please enlighten me!

Cheers. Cheers to what we possess within ourselves. Cheers to the possibilities of this day.

NovemberSun's gear list:NovemberSun's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow