Started Aug 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHOTOJOE55
Regular MemberPosts: 436Gear list
Like?
Panasonic DMC FZ100
Aug 20, 2011

The favorite Bridge camera of many, the Panasonic DMC FZ100 has been discontinued after approximately 14 months, and with no successor named, it has reached the end of the line. Stores were often were sold out through most of that period, but now the few that may still be out there are probably in small, less known camera shops who generally sell them for the full list price. The camera was very well made, had very few (if any) problems, no firmware updates that I know of, a smooth and super quiet power zoom, hot shoe, attachment lenses, three flash models (plus the built in flash), you could feel and see the precision the second you picked up this camera. One oddity, the power switch, is a mechanical slide switch, but it was very easy to get used to. The fast and sharp Leica lens opens to 2.8, something you usually don't see in a camera with power optical image stabilization. 14.1 Mega pixels, intelligent auto, 24x optical zoom, face recognition, free angle 3 inch lcd and full HD Video. 25-600MM is the equiv. range, oh yeah, and it shoots 11 full resolution shots a second with the mechanical shutter. The owners manual prints out to 240 full size pages. I'm glad I had the urge to get one, just about a month or so ago, it's a good camera for the glove box or saddle bags.

The FZ47 that just came out replaces the FZ40. At a lower price, it's a very nice camera as well. ..... Joe Prete

PHOTOJOE55's gear list:PHOTOJOE55's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D300 +15 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow