Started Aug 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Donald Wyllie
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
G3 Third Party Batteries again
Aug 19, 2011

Hi: A week or so ago people were talking about third party batteries and mentioned Eaststar on Amazon. I gave them a try 'cos one needs lots of batteries with a G3 and for the cost - why not?

The Panasonic manual, p18, talks of "counterfeit" batteries. These batteries are not counterfeit for they are not made to look like the Panasonic product! If they do not have "adequate" protection at least they are charged externally so the camera isn't blown up!!

They work well, actually rather better than the Panasonic battery. My Panasonic battery had to go through a few cycles before it developed full capacity. The Eaststar batteries last longer and the camera battery indicator works. Usually the cheap batteries with larger capacity I take with a grain of salt. But this time the 1500 m amp/hour capacity seems to be correct. We don't know anything about longevity at the moment. Of course I could be lucky with my two batteries as well!

Also, the travel charger is the type I've used for years for various Olympus batteries without problems. The 12Volt cord is especially useful and the charger is smaller than the Panasonic one.
So the $25 for two batteries and a charger with prompt delivery is a good deal.
Donald

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow