A strange Mirrorless Gear Journey

Started Aug 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
kenw
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,490Gear list
Like?
Re: ACR does just as well as RT...
In reply to GregGory, Aug 18, 2011

GregGory wrote:

I'm please to see this, I am an LR user since I prefer the speed/ reliability of LR compared to RT.

I'm in the same boat. Prior to LR3 and "Process 2010" I was always looking longingly at other converters detail and noise processing but I still made the trade off for the LR workflow. Since "Process 2010" I feel like I'm giving up a lot less.

Nevertheless a lot of credit goes to Gabor and his team of developers. This new feature in LR is probably thanks to their freebie/ donation ware, which kept whipping the butt of Adobe (in terms of resolution) for years.

Most definitely! True for RPP as well (Mac only). I'm really curious to watch what RT and RPP start to be able to do with floating point processing and cameras like the K5 which have incredibly low read noise compared to something like ACR/LR that uses fixed point algorithms optimized for speed.

-- hide signature --

Ken W
See plan in profile for equipment list

kenw's gear list:kenw's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +29 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow